Position: Trade Estimator
Location: Sanford, MI
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive VP
National Industrial Shop Coatings, LLC with facilities in Michigan, provides the highest quality and responsiveness for shop applied industrial coatings. Hiring exceptional employees is a key strategy to our continuing success.
This position performs trade estimating for shop based fabrication/coatings and field construction.
- Quantities based estimating
- Analyze 3D models, drawings, specifications, vendor proposals and other documentation to support proposals to customers.
- Perform takeoffs for civil, concrete, electrical and mechanical field trades.
- Perform takeoffs for piping / steel fabrication and shop coatings
- Vendor interface
- Coordinate request for quotes to vendors for goods and services by preparing RFQ documents, administering web portal vendor interface
- Evaluate 3rd party RFQ responses by reviewing schedule, price, clarifications and exceptions.
- Project Budgets
- Incorporate internal labor, subcontractors, suppliers, rentals, and other cost information into project budget format.
- Lead Project Budget reviews with key stakeholders.
- Proposal Support
- Support lead proposal for needed breakouts and supplementary information required for proposal submission to customer.
- Job Setup / Buyout
- Upon contract award, work with Project Controller and Project Manager to set job properly in Foundation, including project budget
- Assist Project Manager with buyout of goods and services, following proper procedures for obtaining subcontracts, certificates of insurance and submittals.
- Industrial field construction or shop coatings experience required (2 years or more preferred)
- Construction Management or Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Degree is a plus
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products.
- Office environment – extensive sitting at desk and computer; some standing, bending at the waist, stooping, and reaching required; ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Jobsite environment – Physical ability to walk, stand, crawl, bend and climb – jobsites require accessing areas by ladders, stairs and lifts. Exposure to high noise levels may occur.
- Must have valid drivers license
- Travel required, up to 25% of time