National Industrial Shop Coatings, LLC, with facilities in Sanford, Michigan, is a quality focused industrial shop coatings company providing excellence in work product. Hiring exceptional employees is a key strategy to our continuing success.
The Painter position will be responsible for all aspects of coatings application to surfaces, meeting customer and industry standards/specifications.
Safe Work Performance
- Uphold company safety manual requirements for operations personnel
- Identify unsafe working conditions, correcting or mitigating risks immediately
- Utilize and authorize all employees to use “Stop Work Authority” for any unsafe condition or act
- Encourage participation in proactive safety program from all employees
- Follow all manufacturer and Company safety requirements for handling, storing and mixing of paints, solvents and flammable materials.
Environmentally Sound Operations
- Properly record all products used per paint booth on log forms for environmental reporting
- Properly dispose of all waste products according to waste classification in containers provided.
- Actively seek ways to reduce waste and emissions that balance with safe, quality, profitable work product results
Quality Work Product
- Understand all customer and industry standards for surface preparation and application of coatings. Mix, prepare and apply all coatings to manufacturer instructions.
- Adhere to all hold points for NACE inspection requirements
- Stop all product that does not meet standards from leaving facility
- Clean and maintain painting equipment/tools and work area
- Meet required production rates for coating applications
- Ability to read and understand product labels and follow directions for paints, solvents and related projects.
- Minimum 2 years in shop applied industrial coatings
- NACE Level 1 certification is preferred
- Ability to be fitted and qualify to wear respirators
- Ability to use airless and HVLP/conventional spray equipment, brushes, rollers for application of coatings
- Specific vision abilities are required by this job and include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Environmental conditions – will be exposed to variable/extreme outside conditions, including rough terrain. Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb, bend, reach, crawl and stoop.
- Manufacturing shop environment – exposure to noise, moving equipment, chemicals, fumes and precautions required for hazard conditions